Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

My First Day of Montessori Training

Today was my first day of Montessori Elementary I training!! I could barely sleep last night. I was very excited and a little nervous. I set two alarms, just in case one did not work! I am training at a local training center. This training center trains all through the year and you can enter the program at any point. I entered on the second week of the Language Arts Training. The "Mechanics". I arrived to the classroom and picked up 4 huge manuals for Language Arts and 6 books. I have a Master's Degree and a Secondary Teaching Certification and THAT was a little scary! It turned out that we are only reading part of two books this week and going over one of the manuals. What a relieve!
I absolutely loved my first day. One of the students in the class takes pictures of the presentations so everyone can have a picture for their manuals. As soon as I get those I will post them. The current class process right now is Philosophy for 1 hour in the morning each day and going through the presentations the rest of the day. At the end of the Language Arts classes we will turn in the binders for evaluation. We must show notes, pictures and anything else we see fit to remind us of how to present the lessons. There is also a Notebook required by elementary students where the student records all presentations and their shelf work. We also keep one of these for future reference. I have pictures of my manulas and students notebook which I will post as soon as I get my camera to work again! I must go now and read.

No comments: