Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Scrapbooking Stickers and Embelishments

For the past week I have been organizing my office. Today I took on the task of organizing my scrapbooking stickers and embellishments.
First, I made a list of the categories these would be sorted by: Children, Baby, Family, Friendship, Love, Autumn which includes Halloween and Thanksgiving, Spring which includes birds/flowers/Easter, Winter which includes Christmas, Summer which includes vacation, Celebration which includes graduations/new year/birthdays.

Second, I got all embellishments and stickers out(what a mess!) which were being kept in many different places and just started to sort by my categories. Anything I saw that I did not like any more or I had used most of the stickers I put in a little basket for my children. This keeps them busy when I scrapbook. I keep stickers and paper scraps for them to play with.

Third, any items left that did not fit a category went in one stack.

Fourth, I put the embellishments in some Creative Memories sticker sheets I had purchased years ago (It has only taken me 5 years to finally organize!). You can use sheet protectors or even the big zip lock baggies and punch a hole to put in a binder.

Here is a before picture:
Here is after. Click on the picture to make it bigger:









Here are some pictures of some tiny embellishments, and buttons sorted. I also have ribbon which is in a small box. When I first started to want to embellish my scrapbooking pages I got with a friend and we both purchased embellishments and ribbon and divided them between us so we ended up with a big variety and spent much less money. These items that I am showing you here I had already sorted. I purchased these little plastic cases from the local craft store.










This is going to help me from purchasing items I do not need!

2 comments:

Gina said...

OMG!!! Sorry to be freaking out here but the furniture pieces you have for your scrapbooking, I had when I was little. That is the SAME bedroom set I had! It used to be my aunt's and then it got passed on to me. Unfortunately when we moved to the U.S. we had to sell it.

Good memories. :-)

Gigi said...

Hi Gina!
A friend of mine bought this furniture from an "Estate Sale" and when she moved she gave it to my daughter. My daughter actually uses the twin (very small) bed and little night stand but thhe desk is way to big for her and she already had a little dresser so now it is my scrpbooking/office furniture!