Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On a schedule

This is the first year we have to be on a rigid schedule because the kids go to school at 8am. How I loved our lazy mornings.... Here are a few things I do to make sure our mornings are not rushed. I do not like to be rushed.

1. On Sunday I pick five outfits for the kids, get them ironed an hung up. The only thing hung on the easy to reach clothes extensions are their clothes for the week.

2. I iron all of my clothes that I washed and pick my outfits the night before.

3. During the week, the first thing I do when we get home at 4pm is make the lunches for the next day.

4. We eat dinner between 5:30pm and 6. I then walk around the neighborhood and the kids ride their bikes (get them really tired!) 7pm bath time a 30minute show, read two books and bed by 8pm.

5. Any bags for my work or anything that goes to the kids schools is in the car the night before.

6. Lastly, I try to get ready before the kids get up. When they get up, it is all about them ... I don't feel rushed...they get all my attention.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Hi Gigi,

I was wondering if and when are you doing your Montessori homeschooling? My daughter is going to public school 5 days a week but I am only letting her attend half-days. I'm thinking that I'll have a couple of hours after her nap to homeschool before I have to start dinner.

Gigi said...

Hi Gina,

We just started school last week so I have not figured it out yet.

Right now, I am just making a big effort to speak only in Spanish.

Since your daughter is only attending half days, I would do it after her nap if she takes one, maybe for one hour after nap... On the days my 2 year old comes home half days she goes to sleep and sleeps until it is time to pick up my son so I can't do it then....
Gigi

N from the Learning Ark said...

Thanks for sharing this it is very helpful. My mornings are usually rushed so I tend to get up very early so I have enough time to slow down. Sometimes Little-N likes to do activities in the morning before school your tips will help me to give him more time in the mornings. Thanks!