Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Books Organized!















I had forgotten to post about how I arranged our books. I had been wanting to do this for a long time but just could not think how to organize them. Seeing the baskets that Laura from, MyMontessoriJourney , used is all it took to get me started. We do not have a lot of books accumulated. We are really big on going to the Library but I do love to go to HalfPriceBooks and shop Garage Sales and Goodwill so I know this home library will get bigger. Our problem was that we had books everywhere and I just did not know exactly what we had.















I already had these baskets which I got for free at a yard sale. I made the tags with construction paper strips, white address labels, and letter stamps. The letter stamps are from my scrapbooking stuff which I purchased at Michael's Craft Store $1 section. They can be found at any craft store. My current tags are: Spanish, TV Shows, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Disney, and Five in a Row.
















Five in a Row is a basket with books that go with the Before Five in a Row book to inspire learning readiness by Jane Claire Lambert.

I also have a basket next to each of the kids beds with books for nap and night time stories which I swap every two weeks with new library books and books from home. I also have a basket of books in the living room.

By organizing the books, I can now easily find what we are looking for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The books look great, Gigi!