Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School!

Today was my son's first day at his new school, Prek-4 Montessori. I cried :-)!! He is almost 5 years old, a big boy, and has attended school part-time since he was 3 years old. This is a new school, a big school, it goes all the way to 8th grade. We cannot walk the children inside the school unless we are late. I was scared and he was Excited! I thought about him all day wondering what he was doing. At 11am I knew he was eating lunch and at 12:30pm I knew he was laying down for rest time. I only wished I could be a fly on the wall :-)!

I actually plan to be at the school 2 days a week helping out so I am happy for that! Here is the breakdown of his class: 15 students, 10 returning students and 5 new. One teacher. There are 3 Primary Montessori Rooms. One assistant for the 3 rooms and many parent volunteers! 3 year olds can attend 3, 4, or 5 days a week, half or full days. 4 year olds can attend 4 or 5 half or full days. Kinder must attend all day, 5 days a week.

So, how did he like it....."I love my school Dad"!...was his reaction. I guess he liked it :-)!

My daughter, almost 3, also started at the Montessori School she attended this past year. I did not post about her first day, which was Monday but her reaction was "I am a big girl, I am in the big kids classroom!". Her school has one Toddler Classroom (she started there in Feb. of this year) and one Primary Classroom (where she is now).

The school year is to a great start. I am so happy to have my children in Montessori Schools. I get such a great feeling from their classrooms and teachers and I can see they do also.

1 comment:

Xia said...

Best wishes for a great school year!