Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Spanish Work

Here is what I and the children call the Spanish Shelve! This shelve contains only Spanish language work. I have other Spanish work that gets swapped with these. I also sometimes have the same work and just change one thing about it to get the children's interest again. I will give you an example below.

Any time we work on any work like Art, Math, Science, Sensorial, and Culture, I try to speak only in Spanish but I have lived in the United States since I was 11 years old so English comes easier to me.















The Spanish Shelve and all of their work is located in the dinning room which is between the kitchen and the living room.














On the top shelf is this matching work. Currently my son and I work on this together. My goal here is to work on vocabulary. In the little envelopes to the left are the other cards separated by topics. These are the library card holders found at the teacher stores. The colors coordinate with the cards. Green cards go in the green envelope. I purchased this at Wal-Mart in their book section. It also came with the English words but I put those away.
To the left of this you will see a little bowl which I did not photograph. That has finger puppets which I use for story telling. I purchased 10 finger puppets of animals from IKEA for $6.















My son knows all of his letters and sounds in Spanish, this is mainly for my daughter. Next to this is a little white basket with this work that I showed in a previous post.














This is the work I showed in yesterdays post. Here is one work that I change up. I change the colors and what is in the little bowl for matching. I only change one color every time I change.

The last item is a Spanish puzzle for my son.

No comments: