Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

This week in Spanish

In the Primary Classroom I have had several lessons that go with the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. This week I began teaching the children the song La Oruga Muy Hambrienta to the Tune of Ten Little Indians! Very cute! I used the same props as last week as we sang the song.

In the lower and upper elementary classes we began to play the game Guess Where?. I wrote about the game here. Here is a link to the rooms of the house in this game and the questions the children asked. Guess Where Game

I usually try to keep the same vocabulary for Primary as I do for Elementary but I just have not found a book or a song to teach the rooms of the house and the family members. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

In lower elementary I started this week by placing two family members in the rooms and then going around the room having each child ask me one question. Once they found those two family members, I picked two others. Once I feel they get it, then I will place them with a partner to actually play the game against one another. First graders are the ones the ones that need a lot of help.

In the upper elementary classroom they started to play against each other but I did narrow down the game from 8 family members to four because we only meet for 30 minutes. It takes time for them to setup the game and then find all family members. Four family members guarantees they will finish at least one game.

I was out sick one day last week so we will be playing this game both days next week. The kids are really having a great time and once again it surprises me that the boys that never want to participate love this game! So, so far, the girls love everything and the boys love games but some boys not songs so much!

No comments: