Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

School Starts Tomorrow!!

We are ready for home school to officially begin! We have been unschooling all summer. This means that I just put works on the shelf and they may work one day and not for two days! Just whenever they felt like it.

I've been telling the kids lately "Homeschool starts in a weeek...2 days.. etc..!" My son asked me "But, haven't we already been doing school? :-)" YES, but officially we will have a start date! August 9th! We will take first day back to school pictures and have a special breakfast! We purchased lunch bags, new school supplies, signed-up for co-op and we are ready!

Today, I want to share with you a few pictures of our school room. My loving husband worked hard along with me to get it arranged, shelves put together, etc.. We arranged the room three times!! The kids finally said "OK, this is good. Do not change it again :-)".

I have a map shelf ordered and I've changed and added works a little since I took these pictures.

When you enter the room and look to your left, this is what you see.
The shelf with the globe is the Botany and Zoology shelf. To the right of that is Language.

This is going to be the practical life shelf. Right now it has a few items that should not be there!

Small shelves have sensorial and Spanish. Next to that is one shelf with Writing/History, next to that is Math. Golden Beads will be on a different shelf. I just put those out today so I don't have a picture.

Here is the kids desk, tall shelf full of books (organized), and my desk.

Here is the chair I use to nurse the baby and to read to the kids. Next to that is the kids table.

Here you see where I display some books for the kids. The little reading area!
Also notice the two doors. I have two closets that are organized with materials, games, puzzles, and things I am saving and collecting for the baby.

This is a very small room so it took some creative arranging to get it this way!!

I have so much to share with you.

I plan to post about my planning, the kids co-op, a tour of each shelf, and what is behind the closets in the school room!

12 comments:

Leptir (Nataša) said...

Hi Gigi! Your classroom is beautiful! So cozy :-) I like it!

Unknown said...

Nice classroom! Enjoy your first day.

Insightful Brain said...

This looks FABULOUS! You are so organized. I wish I had your skills!

The girl who painted trees said...

It looks great and the room doesn't look small at all!

N from the Learning Ark said...

Lovely, I like how you managed to put so much in a small room so nicely. Well done!

Nicole said...

You have a beautiful family!

I love all of your shelves and the fun activities you have out.

And a comfy chair just for nursing and read alouds- I'm going to have to borrow this idea, as I anticipate doing a lot of that this school year!

Eclectic Education said...

I love that you have a nice comfy chair in the room! I wish we had room for that. Your room looks great!

~Lynn

Denise said...

Your room looks great~ I love the shelves! I am now following your blog, and look forward to reading more!

MissMOE said...

What a beautiful family. I love the picture of your family on your header. I can't wait to see what is behind those closet doors. Great room!

Karen said...

Que Bello Gigi!!! Me encanta tu salon!! muy acogedor... mucho material!!!! yes!!! Hermoso, Disfruta este nuevo comienzo!!! Bendiciones!!

Anna P said...

What a great room! Lots of things for exploration-I love it! Thanks for sharing

Lori said...

Wow! I just found your school room through Living Montessori NOW and I'm VERY impressed! It's so comprehensive and organized. It's also very well designed (and that's coming from an Interior Designer). I'm so glad I found it. :)
-Lori @ Montessori MOMents