We are ALWAYS together! But, we thought it would be fun to start some official family nights!!
We started family movie night, game night, and book night. The book night is where we all read together not just me to the kids or my husband to the kids.
Here is a picture of us playing Loteria, a Mexican Bingo game. This was SOOOO much fun. My husband is Mexican so he actually played this as a child. The deck is composed of a set of 54 different images, each one in a card. To start the game, the caller (cantor, or singer) randomly selects a card from the deck and announces it to the players by using a riddle or humorous patter instead of reading the card name. The riddle is the fun part. For example:
El paraguas (The Umbrella)
- Para el sol y para el agua. (it stops the son and it stops the water). You sing out "EL PARAGUAS"!!
47 La corona (The Crown)
- El sombrero de los reyes. (The kings hat)
48 La chalupa (The Canoe)
- Rema que rema Lupita, sentada en su chalupita.
49 El pino (The Pine Tree)
- Fresco y oloroso, en todo tiempo hermoso.
- Here is a link to the riddles that go with the cards.
- I found the game at a Fiesta Supermarket for a few dollars. The kids really enjoyed playing the game and most of all, they are really enjoying family night!!